RS2000 power

RS200016V

Hi M8,

The rs2000 has a respectable 150bhp as standard. Unfortunatly it is a very very expensive car to tune up. The best i can suggest is a K&n 57i induction kit and performance zorst for now. Other than that there is a superchip. If you fit them 3 things you should have around 170bhp. Thats the most you will get without spending ££££££££££

hope it helps

i am sure there are lots of rs2000 ppl on here who can offer some assistance.

andy257

Hi M8,

The rs2000 has a respectable 150bhp as standard. Unfortunatly it is a very very expensive car to tune up. The best i can suggest is a K&n 57i induction kit and performance zorst for now. Other than that there is a superchip. If you fit them 3 things you should have around 170bhp. Thats the most you will get without spending ££££££££££

hope it helps

andy257

I totally dis-agree mate, sorry.

You won't get 20 bhp from exhaust filter and chip, well not normally anyway.

Whats your budget? :)

Hi M8,

hope it helps

andy257

I totally dis-agree mate, sorry.

You won't get 20 bhp from exhaust filter and chip, well not normally anyway.

Whats your budget? :)

Well thats roughly anyway, Dave R from mk 5 forum has about that as do alot of others i know from there and they only have those mods.

You can easily get 10 bhp from a zorst and 57i and most chips will give you roughly 10bhp if your lucky, 10 + 10 = 20bhp

Im running approx 174 bhp (rolling roaded) at fly wheel and 155 at the road wheels with 192lb torque That was achieved with 57i, Mongoose exhaust with De cat, Superchip, Removal of pulse air ( EGR) system thats it at the moment - cheap bits going on soon are a power boost valve ( some swear by it, some think there Shite but ill give it a go)

Thats really about it for mods without going down the silly money route ( which is where im going in the winter)

The above is going to set you back about £750 - 1k as it is with fitting.

on top of above:

fit uprated cams and head work for about 185bhp ish

after that your starting to look at aftermarket remapable engine management systems such as webber alpha cus the ford one cant handle it - though some places are starting to investigate Cossie management as an option.

Throttle bodies with the above should see youpushing out 200 - 220bhp but were talking big money then.

You can get turbo conversions but the reliability isnt fully assured from what ive heard and thats mega big bucks ( + in my eyes whats the point in sticking a turbo on a RS2000? just buy a cossie if you want a blower)

You can allways stick NOS on it if you want power but again as good and cheap ( £ per Bhp) as NOs is, youve only got it for a few seconds so its not constant power - Great for the strip ( As JB proved at the POd :) ) but not that good if your on the track or racing round town.

Oh and with it being front wheel drive and having mad torque steer as it is your gonna be looking at lowering it, bigger brakes and getting a strut brace on the front and back to combat that.

If you have 5k to spend in a few years mate - id drive it as standard till you can afford to throw all the cash at it in one go - get better value for you wonga that way.

And one last thing sont bother with a superchip - get a Datek unichip as it can be re mapped when you add other mods later on - a superchip cant :)

Plans for mine are not fully sorted yet but at the end of the year it will be making a trip to Top Boss Performance for some lightening and balancing, blue printing, head work , cams etc etc - ill be happy with a nice 200bhp on tap :)

Well i think that was the longest post ive ever done on Evo so i hope it points you in the right direction mate