chipping?

John

i've just put my induction kit on, my exhaust should be at the shop by wednesday i'm getting the modding bug now! i've held off this far but i've finally fallen for my car lol.

is it worth getting it chipped? what kind of power increase can i expect? how much is it gonna set me back?! i'm thinking about getting it done cos i wanna get the car on a rolling road and get it tunes up cos it feels like it's got a bit of a flat spot just before 3000rpm figured if it's worth it then i'm getting the cheque book out again ;)

so as ever all help i'll be very gratefull for :)

Chipping is a good idea. If your induction kit and zorst have not removed your flat spots then a chip certainly will. They dont tend to give you much power increase but they do sort out allot of fuelling issues. Your car should pull through every gear after a chip.

hope it helps, there are lots of people who have their cars chipped so they can tell you a bit more than i can.

andy257

oh and as for price range your looking at around £300 +, you normally get a rolling road tune with the chip installation so they can map it right.

get a unichip, ive read a lot about em there a lot more mapable

definately worth the hassle

i suggest a 2.0ltr mondeo throttle body from a breakers beforehand

easy to fit took me 30 mins

and only cost £35

alows more air into the inlet manifold than the 1.8ltr tbh

unichips are more expensive but worth the hassle

any web sites where i can read about unichip?

2.0 throttle body sounds a good option and a cheap way to get a couple of hp.

tis weird, i fitted the K&N on thursday night didn't notice a great difference apart from some lovely sounds and maybe a bit more pull. used it for work yesterday drove pretty much same as ever with it's bit of a flat spot etc but the went out last night and again this morning and it seems to be running sweet as anything! i'm wondering if it's all in my head or if it really have made some difference to it ?(

only 4 more days then i'll get the exhaust on :D