ICE Wiring Question

Mike C

mike ,

yeah its the male to male connection ones and i think i have some 3 m ones in my workshop.

I will double check and if so you can have them gratis !!!

The only reason i said use 2 X 3 M is the 5 m ones seem a bit long and it saves looking them all up and having a bulky lump of cables hidden away.

Will let you know tomoz , and if so , will post them to you.

stu ,

love the dry sense of humour mate. It took me 6 and a half hours to work out how to post a pic on here so that just shows you my level of pc skills , more at home with a spray gun than a mouse !!!

cheers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly-Def- I am renowned for it! However I do believe people should put in a bit more effort than browsing online shops when asking something like this. Basic information like how to connect head units and amps together is obtained with 5 minutes on google.

Come off it stu ,

at the end of the day i thought the main reason for a forum of this nature is to share and help others that share a passion for something we all have in common ? Fords

Yes you can google but as you know there is so much crap info out there and very little decent advice ! normally written by some T*at in an office with little or no first hand experience.

at least this way all users on this forum are getting educated advice from people with a passion and plenty of experience !

There is a difference between offering advice and knowledge and spoon-feeding.. Doing some of your own investigation is part of the effort required to fairly contribute to a forum like this :)

It's ok, Mike knows me, i'm just giving him shít.

Fair comment mate ,

i am just used to being on the receiving end of having to repair a system that has been installed DIY stylee based on information obtained through the net and the only thing left to do is rip it all out and start again.

i am not saying there is no decent advice around just that it can be filtered from one person to another with bits missed out and pointless bits added on !

Im always happy to try and help but at the end of the day as i have already said , most fitters base their views on the products they favour , hate and are used to dealing with and that can add a one sided view to advice given.

I've found out loads of information on the internet, but how do I know if it's true or not?

Especially when people like Stu have said most of the stuff I've read is bollox...

If those cables are the ones I want, then I'll have them. I don't mind giving you something for them in return though, just let me know

:cheers:

Mike ,

you are in luck , i just been in my emergency stash and i got 2 x 2 m and 1 x 1 m heavy duty.

Send me across your details and i will pop them in the post mate.

And she says keeping all my so called " crap ' is a waste of space and time !!! i think not ! Women !!!!!!

no probs mike ,

will get them packed up tonight and get the wench to post tomorrow for you.

I will send an extra 2m cable just in case the drivers side cable falls short , you can always use a barrel connector ( female both end ) to join them up.

These bits cost me nothing as they came with AV setups and are spare from previous jobs.

should have them monday or tuesday. :thumb: