Jordan99940's 2.0 Si

Jordan99940

Hello guys well i think i might try this whole progress thread thing and see how it goes and may get new ideas and advice from people

Basically i bought this car about a month ago off ebay with a years ticket with 72K on the clock its a 3 door 1.8 Si and it set me back £750

after driving her home untaxed from chichester (to eastbourne about hour and half) i got her home and taxed as soon as i could and here it is

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/Carfrontedge.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/Car.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/CarSideon.jpg

Edited by Jordan99940

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i only have a few small plans for this car as im skint and never have money so i wont be going down the TURBO Scene or ITBs its more of lets see what i can find from people on here and Ebay, Luckily for me i ahd a head start because before i had this car i had a S reg Finesse which had some things on

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/06042010077.jpg

first thing i chored off it were the Gold 16" Cossie Rep Wheels from a Mondeo. and then the Clear indicators.

After having the new car sit outside my house for a while i noticed a puddle of Oil starting to gather up underneath my car couldnt figure out what it was coming form i was looknig every wear at first i thoiught it may be the Sump Bung then i thought it could be the Sump Gasket. then i was told it could be the Rear Main Oil Seal. after about 2 weeks of trying to figure out what it is i thought screw this i will take it to college and put it up on the ramp and find out what it is. as soon as i got it up my teacher cam over and went "your oil filters loose" i was like :glare: .

i had a oil filter ready and 5 lites of oil so i gave her an oil change there and then.

a week before i won an exhasut off ebay even though my prevoius car had a meaty stainless steel cat back system. i was having trouble getting it off so i thought i owuld leave it there. not only the day i win the new exhaust on ebay i get the old one off. typicalso i was stuck between having a 2.5" catback system with a 4" tip or a normal 2" system with a 3" peco exit. i opted for peco because i havent heard this one and decided to give it a go.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/CarInAir.jpg

this is me and college people helping me do my exhaust. after mixed reviews i have been swayed upon the decision that im not a fan of the gold wheels on my car on the black car they looked good but not on this colour car, i may be looking to see if anyone would like to do a swap or something.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/Peco.jpg

One "Peco Big Bore 2"

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/jordan99940/Car/Pecooncar.jpg

One "peco Big Bore 2" on car. it has made a difference to the cars sound deffinatly for the better.

Any Comments welcome even if the truth hurts

I Have purchased a few things for this also. i did bye the 2.0 camshafts and a 2.0 throttle body (im gonna get comments from people saying that isntead of wasting my money on this i should spend it on a turbo and stuff but the cost for one of them is silly money to some one like me) considering i got the camshafts off ebay for £16 and the throttle body for £8 i did find a website were i can get the 130 Spec ECU for about £30ish. i did also buy a Steering wheel and boss fomr a member on here

cheers Escrt1.4i should be here any day now and that should be on

next hopfully will be a Laguna Splitter and contemplating weather to take the bump strips off but i think it will look to bland and think the bump strips break up the colour a bit

thanks yeah i might just stick the old one back on there or see if any one would like to do a swap to save on effort lol i would either be looking for Antracite colour or possibly White or maybe black dont know what colours people think?

Hi mate welcome to evo . Nice motor and the best colour ;-) . I have a cuirass one and white wheels just dont go with it imo . Black and anthracite both good colour choices though . Add darker cosmetics to this and it will look awesome . Ditch the bump strips and colour code the handles your onto a winner . Add skirts and spats for the full effect and lower it . Good work and plans so far though mate .

Cheers thanks very much. with regard to colour coded door handles, already done i got some Spats sitting in my old car after i got them off the skirts are from a 5 door so dont know if they will fit and any way there shite as they are fibre glass copies not the real deal. i also have off my old car some Lowering Shocks and Springs but got to get a day really with some help to change them all round. also looking to get some MK6 Recaro's fronts from a RSK2. ive never sat in them but my friend said there are the best things he has sat in and he has after market Corbeau's

I have mk5 tiger striped wing backs in mine and never had a bucket so comfy yet holds you so well so goes to show that ford do get it right . Rs series 1 and 2 recaros are well nice so i imagine the rs2k jobs are just as good if not better . You going to ford fair ? Would be nice to see this then when you done a bit more .

Nice car matey looks in good nick, get the wheels painted yourself its really easy even easier if there not kerbed as you wont need filler, Who's are the other cars in your college? i'd love another red mk3 orion :thumb:

alright hawkeye how can you make that out lol thats the college cars that we apply our trade on as it where. that used to have the 105 ps Zetec engine in but it now has a 1.4 CVH in. it has the alloys that look like they have brake disc's alround.

me and my friends have a habbit for painting wheels we have never used filler we just sanded them down alot these alloys are mint condition not even a paint chip on them so in a way i dont want to see them go

the Orion GHIA i think that one is

Nice car matey looks in good nick, get the wheels painted yourself its really easy even easier if there not kerbed as you wont need filler, Who's are the other cars in your college? i'd love another red mk3 orion :thumb:

alright hawkeye how can you make that out lol thats the college cars that we apply our trade on as it where. that used to have the 105 ps Zetec engine in but it now has a 1.4 CVH in. it has the alloys that look like they have brake disc's alround.

me and my friends have a habbit for painting wheels we have never used filler we just sanded them down alot these alloys are mint condition not even a paint chip on them so in a way i dont want to see them go

Lol i used to have one just like it mate and miss it loads, get the zetec back in and sell it to me!!! spotted the mk5 too i have one in white but 3 door keep thinking of selling and getting another gti but then i change my mind lmao,

Do ya wheels anthracite mate will look the nuts :thumb:

wheels are easy to re-spray. did mine in a day:

http://i2.tagstat.com/image06/8/520f/004r001O58f.jpg

just took time and patience. not bad considering done with rattle cans in back garden and havent been lacquered. thats next on my the job list for the wheels :D mine are ford graphite grey if you like the colour

some gti skirts and spats and it'll look like every one elses :D go for RS accessory or cabby skirts

just took time and patience. not bad considering done with rattle cans in back garden and havent been lacquered. thats next on my the job list for the wheels :D mine are ford graphite grey if you like the colour

some gti skirts and spats and it'll look like every one elses :D go for RS accessory or cabby skirts

yeah i guess your right with the Skirts and Spats cabby skirts what do these look like on a hard top never seen it done could be on to a winner there. that is a nice colour ford graphite grey you say will i pick this up at my local Halfrauds?

are those alloys of a V6 Mondeo they look alright actually

Lol i used to have one just like it mate and miss it loads, get the zetec back in and sell it to me!!! spotted the mk5 too i have one in white but 3 door keep thinking of selling and getting another gti but then i change my mind lmao,

you wouldnt want thar orion its head light is being held on by gaffa tape we do have some tasty fords we work on at t'college like a nice Mark 5a in blue i dont know my ford colours its like just darker than a sky blue 3 door with black plastic bumpers

yeah i guess your right with the Skirts and Spats cabby skirts what do these look like on a hard top never seen it done could be on to a winner there. that is a nice colour ford graphite grey you say will i pick this up at my local Halfrauds?

you wouldnt want thar orion its head light is being held on by gaffa tape we do have some tasty fords we work on at t'college like a nice Mark 5a in blue i dont know my ford colours its like just darker than a sky blue 3 door with black plastic bumpers

Nice one get some pics up mate would be interested to have a look especially the orion no matter how bad it is i'd still bring it back from the dead lol :cheers:

sure someones got them on theres somewhere on here. i've got RS accesory ones to go on once painted.

yeah, the paints from halfrauds and they are the ST24 wheels which i found out when sanding them are made by borbet :) i fitted centre caps off a later fiesta as the original ones were silver with a blue logo which would have looked naff against the grey