Quick question

surrey_man

if you have details of the party that hit you, then definately claim off them. insurance assessors are always more leniant (sp) to third party customers, so they may pay out, or settle cash-in-lieu.

it is always wise to inform your insurance company of an accident, even if you don't make a claim. that way if anything ever comes back from it, your insurance have the details. just keeps everything above board.

if you don't know who hit it, and no-one was injured, then there is no law to say you have to claim. you could have the car repaired privately, and carry on as normal.

hope this helps..

Edited by Barry-334

yea got all there detials they got mine ect

its going to be a tough one to call as to who was in the worng thou

i indcuated to turn left then cancelled it (as it was the worng turn)

i saw the cr in the oncoming lane turning into my lane so i stoped as i could see they we're going to hit me i thought they would stop or drive around but they never saw me (I mean wtf am driving a est and you dont see it !!)

so she went stright into the side off me after i had stoped

so althou i blame her for hitting me i still think its part my fault

this is why i dont realy want to claim and this is the 2nd smash ive had in two months and cant realy aford to put it thou (other claim is no one at fault)

you dont have to go through insurance. you could get a quote for the work and then talk to the person who hit you and see if they want to pay for the damage and the person who hit you might want to get their car fixed themselves as well.

i did think about that but we we're not realy speaking "english" more "anglo saxon" so dont think thats going to happen :nutter: