Car writen off can i take tax disk out?

surrey_man

Hi all ive just been told my cars been writen off and am aloud to get my stuff outta it tomorrow can i also take the tax out and send it back for refund or its it now the insure comps?

the tax is still yours. you can send it back for a refund on any whole months left on it.

you need a form from the post office, to fill in & send back with it.

(not sure which form, but the people at the post office will know) :cheers:

make sure the car is not on any public road as you will get nicked just the same once removed

from the sounds of it, it's at the insurance company's repairing garage anyway, if he's "going to get stuff out of it",

awaiting collection from salvage, so it's off the road anyway

Surrey Man - if you take a jerry can & talk to them nicely, they may let you have the fuel. It has been known...

Edited by Barry-334

make sure the car is not on any public road as you will get nicked just the same once removed

from the sounds of it, it's at the insurance company's repairing garage anyway, if he's "going to get stuff out of it",

awaiting collection from salvage, so it's off the road anyway

Surrey Man - if you take a jerry can & talk to them nicely, they may let you have the fuel. It has been known...

Its about 5 cans worth of fuel not fussed about it but a tad upset i never got it out before :nutter:

If you have been paid out on the car be careful, as I would have thought that the tax would belong to them

nope am waiting for them to pay me i went down to the yard today as i could not wait for them to call me tomorrow to tell me what i guested they would say

I was the one that told the insureance company that it was write off they never even knew yet lol

If you have been paid out on the car be careful, as I would have thought that the tax would belong to them

having worked at bodyshops & dealt with insurance engineers, I know that the tax is still property of the owner.

In many cases the engineers have asked me to post tax discs back to customers after they have settled a claim.

having worked at bodyshops & dealt with insurance engineers, I know that the tax is still property of the owner.

In many cases the engineers have asked me to post tax discs back to customers after they have settled a claim.

O wow i would have thought some places would send it off them selfs

there's more to it than that. too much detail in the form, means the dvla pay the money to the person named on the log book, else I'd have made a fortune on tax discs by now :D

I'm sure the bodyshop will put the fuel to good use tho..

arh never knew that about the tax disk

and yes dam :censored: lol