Traders insurance policy

hi there, i know a few of you have a trade insurance policy so just wanted to ask a few questions before i go ahead and get one. The main reason for getting one is that i have two cars and obviously dont want to pay for two policies! One is a 3.0i so a separate policy for that is out the question anyway.

Im 25 (or will be in 3 weeks), 4 years as a named driver, no no-claims, one non-fault claim, one TS10 which they dont seem bothered about since it was over 3 years ago. Quoted approx £1300 a year which i think is a bargain to be honest even if i only ever drive my own two cars. This allows me to drive cars up to the value of £2,500 which suits me.

Can anyone tell me of any scenarios where i am NOT covered by a trade policy. I have heard that you cant drive a car if no-one else has a current insurance policy on that particular car. This kind of defeats the point though?!

Other reasons for getting a trade policy is so that i can do work on my parents/friends cars and test drive them before i give them back. Also, if i buy a donor car or a car to sell on again, id like to be able to drive it until i sell it again. Do i have to let the company know before i step into each vehicle?

Bit confusing, i just want to make sure that i am covered for all the scenarios i am after. Never been pulled by police before but you can betcha that if one day im not covered for some strange reason, its that day they decide to poke around.

cheers people. Any help or suggestions welcome.

p.s. do i need to register as a motor trader anywhere and when i buy a car, i need to fill out the 'trader' bit rather than the private buyer bit right?

in control...as in me specifically driving it? Sounds good to me. Just wanna be able to get in any car and go if you know what i mean.

Has there been any circumstances where you arnt insured for some reason? Not including policy limitations e.g. value of car or engine size.

in control...as in me specifically driving it? Sounds good to me. Just wanna be able to get in any car and go if you know what i mean.

Has there been any circumstances where you arnt insured for some reason? Not including policy limitations e.g. value of car or engine size.

A lot of trader policys wont alloy classic cars, and exotic cars - they wouldnt allow my Escos or even my Xr2