Changing an idle valve

teh

best way is to unbolt it from underneath using 1/4 drive ratchet and bolt it back on same way will take 5 mins if u dont have fat hands and fat arms and can fit under a car jacked up

Dead right there,did one today left half my skin in the engine bay, poxy location

remeber to take the battery off, its right next to the starter motor, iv hit it with the rachet many a time, I end up undoing the starter motor cables droping them down abit, then you can get right in next to the ICV for 5mins off removing the cables you save your self 30mins of struggling with icv bolt, dont bolt it back you to tight or you will crack the inlet manifold

remeber to take the battery off, its right next to the starter motor, iv hit it with the rachet many a time, I end up undoing the starter motor cables droping them down abit, then you can get right in next to the ICV for 5mins off removing the cables you save your self 30mins of struggling with icv bolt, dont bolt it back you to tight or you will crack the inlet manifold

*Blank face* I know where the battery is... i'm confused now.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow and wether I have a hand (and car) left!

Ive got the black plastic manifold and found that lying down with feet facing rear of car and head directly underneath the idle valve works best. You may not be able to see it too clearly, but reach up and you'll instantly feel where the bolts are. As said, 5 mins doing it this way. You just cannot get your hands in through the top. I can just about manage to unplug the electrical connector from above and that is at 'wrist breaking' point!