Confused but nothing to do with confused.com

Squav

I rang up to get my insurance yesterday for my car, and I told them I have one claim, which wasn't my fault and was claimed through the other party's insurer, that was all fine then further on in the conversation a thing came up on the screen saying it was my fault :unsure:

It definitely wasn't my fault as everything was claimed through the other person's insurance and nothing off mine (well my dad's). Could this be affecting all of my insurance quotes? How do I get rid of it as it's blatantly wrong?

Cheers :cheers:

I rang up to get my insurance yesterday for my car, and I told them I have one claim, which wasn't my fault and was claimed through the other party's insurer, that was all fine then further on in the conversation a thing came up on the screen saying it was my fault :unsure:

It definitely wasn't my fault as everything was claimed through the other person's insurance and nothing off mine (well my dad's). Could this be affecting all of my insurance quotes? How do I get rid of it as it's blatantly wrong?

Cheers :cheers:

You need to contact your insurers at the time of the accident and get them to amend it.

it would stay on your insurance but should always show as a non fault, which basically means u made a claim but other party admitted liability, meaning not your fault also, this would stay on record for anything up to 5 years as you have to declare any claims even if its not your fault, i wouldnt worry mate, if you really wanted you could go on the net and get quotes for same car, on the same site but on one of them say you made a claim non fauolt, and see if it affects premiums.

My insurance tried stinging me once, but i told them that it wasnt my fault and that if they dont sort it ill take my insurance else where.