Any Excel Guru's here??

Stezz

I've been doing a football spreadsheet for the last 15 years and try to add things each year.

This year, I'm trying to display the last 5 home records of any team selected.

e.g

W-D-L-W-L

so on and so on, so when it gets to game 6, game 1 will not be displayed, game 2 will move down to cell 1, game 3 will be in cell 2 etc.

I know how i need it to work, but can't get my head around how.

I could use the VLOOKUP but i'm not sure how its going to display just the last 5 games

Any advise please guys.

P.S before anyone says "why not use Access?" it's because I never got the hang of it. I've used excel for so long now that i've never used anything else.

He enters the results, for example, W-L-W-L-D-W-W-L-L in one cell, somewhere, but in another cell, he only wants to display/reference the 5 most recent results, in this instance 'D-W-W-L-L'.

I fcuking hate Excel. Finance geeks are the ones in the know.

I have a finance geek friend who knows how to do this. I'll update later with the template :)

cant you use a simple =Right function

so if you list the results as

w-l-d-w-w-l-l-d-d-w-d

then =right([results cell],9)

I wouldnt think you really need to make the cells absolute either, unless you have really specific requirements

You can freeze panes so that they never move regardless of how many cells you go down.

So if one cell was called Result underneath it could be W/D/L then again the the cell underneath that you can scroll down keeping the Result cell where it is and the other cells scrolling up under it