driving other cars

skinnybalboa

hey i have insurance withquinn direct and they allow me to drive any car, me and my dad have just bought a new car a bmw 318 as most of the time we use each others cars as he has a towbar on his, this caris just a run around in his name and insured by him, im going to be using the car quite alot as my car is off the road at the mment, im just wondering if this is all above board???!!!

as long as the car is owned & insured by someone other than yourself you will be fine but as mentioned only 3rd party.

Your policy should read something like, insured to drive any other car not belonging to you third party only as long as its insured by the named driver.

thanks guys, was just wanting to check i have foned quinn and they assure me im aloud to drive any car aslong as it is insured and roadworthy, i read all the conditions and it excludes vans and pickups with no back seats so thats another thing to watch out for?!

• 1 month later...

My brother was with Quinn Direct and he thought he was insured 3rd party on any other vehicle but when I looked through his paperwork very carefully there is actually a paragraph which said this was exempt on his policy although they didn't make this very clear and it was easily missed.

Quinn told him on the phone that he was covered several times but refused to confirm this in writing or send an amended certificate out

My brother was with Quinn Direct and he thought he was insured 3rd party on any other vehicle but when I looked through his paperwork very carefully there is actually a paragraph which said this was exempt on his policy although they didn't make this very clear and it was easily missed.

Quinn told him on the phone that he was covered several times but refused to confirm this in writing or send an amended certificate out

+1 I noticed that in the small print of mine too... There is also an age limit with most :(