Tom Clancey's HAWX

Craig855S

Who's getting this then? I'll definately be getting it,it's just a matter of when. Its my Birthday next Monday so I'm getting a game and a Dualshock 3 on my birthday but im torn between gettin Killzone2 which will definately be here..or trying to get HAWX (one ebay seller is claiming the release date is Friday and he will be able to dispatch on friday (but he is after more money than Shopto.net)

But anyway, this game is going to be the best combat flight sim on PS3 (not a big achievement really) but i dont reckon its gonna be as good as the ace combat series..The videos ive seen online seem to show the jets being far too manouverable.

When i do get it i'll be playing it a LOT so lets have PSNs of the people who buy it listed in this tread.

Official website

Edited by Craig855S

been playing the demo on the xbox. they've ripped of ace combat something chronic. even the controls are identical. the Assistance off mode can be fun as it allows you to stall the plane and perform stalled turns allowing greater turn rates as seen by russian pilots in their SU33's at most air shows. but makes it less realistic becuase once stalled its just far too easy to regain control. just repress the trottle up and face the plane upwards. would have been good if if you stall for too long it flat spins requiring some element of skill to regain control. Ultimately its quite repeatetive and not worth the premium price. Wait til its out in the bargain bucket!

Got the demo installed this morning and despite its good looks the assistance "off" mode is just pathetic. Turns it into an arcade game instead of a sim. The assistance on mode is good. Its a crying shame u cant get an ace combat game for PS3. Ive got the full game on preorder and payment will be collected tomorrow....unless i cancel the preorder now..which im very tempted to do after playing the demo.. I wanted a realistic sim not an arcade game with made up physics.. I love he way they call it assistance on/off. Having it in off is actually more assistive than having it on...but the view it forces u to use....fcuking shoite!

Got it through this morning and i've played the first few missions..which are good because you're forced to have assistance "on" which limits ur minimum speed to prevent you stalling and gives pitching limitations that are realistic...several G. Assistance off however allows u to make what must be 25G turns and allows u to go from travelling supersonic in one direction to coming to a complete stop and flipping 180 before heading off again and hitting the sound barrier again within a second or two....thats realistic... so i hope the multiplayer has an option to fight only with assistance on. Its an OK game though and is it's "my kind of game" then im happy to fork out for it.

Does anyone else have it or plan on getting it soon...for PS3?