Multiple Screens

Barry-334

trying to work out a way to have 2 external displays when using a laptop for karaoke.

at the moment we use the laptop screen for "working on" and a portable tv plugged into S-Vid for lyrics for people to read.

doing a gig in a pub on friday which has a big video screen. we wanted to connect to their system using the S-Vid, aswell as using a pc monitor plugged into the VGA port, so people singing use the monitor, audience can see the video screen and we use the laptop for working on.

tried it last night, by plugging a portable tv and monitor into laptop, but it would only run on 2 displays at a time (any combination of laptop/tv/monitor) but not all 3.

wasn't sure if there was a way to "activate" all the displays at the same time, without having to use extra graphics cards, or external devices.

any help would be appreciated

trying to work out a way to have 2 external displays when using a laptop for karaoke.

at the moment we use the laptop screen for "working on" and a portable tv plugged into S-Vid for lyrics for people to read.

doing a gig in a pub on friday which has a big video screen. we wanted to connect to their system using the S-Vid, aswell as using a pc monitor plugged into the VGA port, so people singing use the monitor, audience can see the video screen and we use the laptop for working on.

tried it last night, by plugging a portable tv and monitor into laptop, but it would only run on 2 displays at a time (any combination of laptop/tv/monitor) but not all 3.

wasn't sure if there was a way to "activate" all the displays at the same time, without having to use extra graphics cards, or external devices.

any help would be appreciated

Does the big screen have a vga port? If so, just use a splitter on the pc monitor port.

As far as I'm aware most modern video cards only have 2 outputs (i.e. laptop screen and another external device, such as a projector or monitor) so I would have thought you'd need another video card for another output.

On my desktop machine, I have a dual screen setup but for that I needed to buy a second video card. But with my laptop, I can run two screens (the laptop screen and a projector/tv).

I think you would have to lookup the hardware and see if its possible to be able to view 3 screens at once, I think you could do it with the correct drivers but the quality split 3 ways like that might not be the greatest, I dont think S-video is very good to begin with.

Does your laptop support HDMI?

USB to VGA could be a solution:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...O&U=strat15

I think if i was going to do this I would split one of the connections, i.e split the S-video cable and connect it to a portable TV + there system rather then using a monitor.