Remote Central Locking Kit - Help!

leeburgess

yeah thats the clips i was on about

as for that remote kit from the pic i cant really tell you because i cant see the wiring for it. should be sraight forward to do tho red/black power and what other wires is there on the remote kit...

Do you have a electrical tester at all.....so you can find the correct lives and that??

right a quick rundown on what to do.....will do a full guide when i get 5 minutes.........

please refer to the above picture in the previous posts of the wiring.

black wire is your earth.....mine is fitted to the earthing point behind the kick panel in the drivers footwell near to where the cenral locking unit is.

red wire is your live.....mine is connected via the red wire for the stereo

the 2 yellow wires need to be spliced (connected to, scotch locks are good for this) onto the red wire

the red wire with the black stripe is connected to the pink wire and taped up. (these 2 dont go anywhere.)

the 2 orange wires are to be cut short and taped up (NOT TOGETHER) these also dont go anywhere

the 2 white wires are for the locking and unlocking. these go to the central locking unit (there is a plug that goes into this unit behind the drivers kick panel,a black one next to a small brown one) you should see a yellow wire and a white wire coming from this plug,you need to connect the wires to these 2. (1 on each,white wire with black stripe to the yellow one and the white one to the white one)

the 2 brown wires go to your indicators. remove the steering cowling and remove the big plug behind the indicator and you should find (amongst all the wires) 2 black wires,1 with a brown stripe and 1 with a whit stripe,conect the brown wires to these (1 on each)

and i think thats it. if when you press unlock and the car locks then change the white wires round at the central locking unit.

as said i will do a proper write up for you with pics when i get time.

hope this helps a bit

right a quick rundown on what to do.....will do a full guide when i get 5 minutes.........

please refer to the above picture in the previous posts of the wiring.

black wire is your earth.....mine is fitted to the earthing point behind the kick panel in the drivers footwell near to where the cenral locking unit is.

red wire is your live.....mine is connected via the red wire for the stereo

the 2 yellow wires need to be spliced (connected to, scotch locks are good for this) onto the red wire

the red wire with the black stripe is connected to the pink wire and taped up. (these 2 dont go anywhere.)

the 2 orange wires are to be cut short and taped up (NOT TOGETHER) these also dont go anywhere

the 2 white wires are for the locking and unlocking. these go to the central locking unit (there is a plug that goes into this unit behind the drivers kick panel,a black one next to a small brown one) you should see a yellow wire and a white wire coming from this plug,you need to connect the wires to these 2. (1 on each,white wire with black stripe to the yellow one and the white one to the white one)

the 2 brown wires go to your indicators. remove the steering cowling and remove the big plug behind the indicator and you should find (amongst all the wires) 2 black wires,1 with a brown stripe and 1 with a whit stripe,conect the brown wires to these (1 on each)

and i think thats it. if when you press unlock and the car locks then change the white wires round at the central locking unit.

as said i will do a proper write up for you with pics when i get time.

hope this helps a bit

couple of quick pics from when i did mine, will take some better ones.

this is the unit................

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/djdane73/DSC00315.jpg

you need to remove the plastic kick panel at in the drivers footwell to the right and you will find the central locking unit. there are 3 plugs in that area. there is a brown one closest to the door,the one you need is next to that (a black one) when you remove it it looks like this...............

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/djdane73/DSC00313.jpg

the white wires from your new unit (1 with a black stripe go to this plug) and connect to the yellow wire and the white wire which you can see in the pic.

to the right of the brown plug by the remote central locking unit you will find your earthing point.......(yes i did tidy mine up afterwards lol)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/djdane73/DSC00326.jpg

i have explained that on your new unit there is the red live wire and 2 yellow wires that must be spliced together...........like this.......

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/djdane73/DSC00322.jpg

is it getting clearer :rolleyes:

btw in my last pic you can see that the orange wires have been cut short and need to be taped up (not together) and the red wire with black stripe and the pink wire need to be taped together.

Edited by DJ