Where the f*ck do i start...electrical probs

dansGTI

Now, after picking up this mk5b cabby, i was told that it a had a fusebox fault..........

When i picked it up, pretty much f*ck all worked, inc lights. After some delving, sorting of bodged up crap, i found that the bulbs were f*cking missing as well (you know who you are!)

Replaced all bulbs, and gone round checking things, and this is what im left with:

* Passenger side sidelights dont work, drivers side fine. All other lights work correctly. Cos this is an XR cabby, it has two sidelights, one on the edge of the car, and one in the headlight itself. The headlight one on passenger side IS working

* All dash lights dont work

* Front fogs dont work, rear fogs are fine

* Heated screen dont work (it has the correct screen fitted) Rear screen is fine.

ALL fuses have been checked and are okay.

This is the only thing stopping me getting an MOT on the damn thing!

Now, after picking up this mk5b cabby, i was told that it a had a fusebox fault..........

When i picked it up, pretty much f*ck all worked, inc lights. After some delving, sorting of bodged up crap, i found that the bulbs were f*cking missing as well (you know who you are!)

Replaced all bulbs, and gone round checking things, and this is what im left with:

* Passenger side sidelights dont work, drivers side fine. All other lights work correctly. Cos this is an XR cabby, it has two sidelights, one on the edge of the car, and one in the headlight itself. The headlight one on passenger side IS working

* All dash lights dont work

* Front fogs dont work, rear fogs are fine

* Heated screen dont work (it has the correct screen fitted) Rear screen is fine.

ALL fuses have been checked and are okay.

This is the only thing stopping me getting an MOT on the damn thing!

It sounds like your whole fuse box mate. Mine packed in and my tails, dash lights, front and back fogs packed in. I changed it over and everything was smooth.

Fraz

Okay, dropped the fusebox and i was amazed to find it has a date stikcer on it 22/05/2000. So its been out before! LOL

Took it to bits and found everything looked perfect, so spent my time cleaning the damn thing up, and replaced quite a few fuses. Plugged it all back in and...........EVERYTHING works!!! Life in the cabby yet