ANOTHER RC QUESTION

fresh dfm

ok so bought a faster charger from my local r/c shop and its supposed to charge a battery in 40 mins. Charged the battery and it lasted until i turned the car off after about 5 mins. then when i turned it on and accelerated the car just moves about an inch, stops, moves another inch, stops etc just keeps juddering.Up until i turned it off the car worked fine.really responsive. The battery i have dosent look in very good condition and as you can see looks like the top has been taped back on:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/icewater01/DSC03953.jpg

the battery gets really hot and i mean too hot to hold when charging. isit the battery thats knackered??? am i undercharging it?? the led which is supposed to go out when the battery is fully charged hadnt gone out but like i say this is after charging for an hour when it is supposed to take 40 mins but i stopped it as it was too hot and past 40 mins. im charging it again now until the light goes out on the charger to know its done as long as it dosent catch fire....help lol

What current are you charging at? Did you get a delta peak charger like we suggested?

Its a 2400mA power ni-cd 7.2v quick charger kit. got it from the nearest r/c store took the battery in with me and they told me it was a good one and would suit it perfect. not the quickest at 40 mins but better than my slow one and it does slow aswell.

ive charged until the led goes off now indicating it has peaked and still it does the same thing. goes for about a minute. its a right pain.isit definately the battery?

Battery could be kaput. That charger sounds a bit odd. Do you have the make/model?

To charge that pack fully in 40 minutes you'd have to be charging it around 7 amps, which somehow I doubt the charger you just does.

Battery could be kaput. That charger sounds a bit odd. Do you have the make/model?

To charge that pack fully in 40 minutes you'd have to be charging it around 7 amps, which somehow I doubt the charger you just does.

hmmmmmmmmmm. maybe im just being impatient then im going to leave it charging now for a good three hours i think and see if it lasts any longer. iv bougth one of the batteries reccomended above anyway so even if this one dosent work ill have a spare and if it does i can keep a spare charged one. the charger model is a bc-2400 if that helps.

so its defoo the battery then??im bit worried that iv bought a naff car and hope this isnt the case

I just found info on the BC-2400 charger you bought. It's a timer charger, not a delta peak one like we suggsted. Take it back and get the right charger. Walk in there and say "i want a peak charger". Simple as that.

The charger you have been sold is designed for 1500mah battery packs and charges at a fixed 2.4 amps. It switches off automatically after 35 minutes and then goes into trickle charge mode. Utter cack.

If you keep on putting it on you will destroy your battery pack.

I just found info on the BC-2400 charger you bought. It's a timer charger, not a delta peak one like we suggsted. Take it back and get the right charger. Walk in there and say "i want a peak charger". Simple as that.

The charger you have been sold is designed for 1500mah battery packs and charges at a fixed 2.4 amps. It switches off automatically after 35 minutes and then goes into trickle charge mode. Utter cack.

If you keep on putting it on you will destroy your battery pack.

aha this makes sense now just looked into it myself and realised the same thing! thanks. ill have to go tomorrow now tho lol

the problem is defo you dont have the correct charger for the job. because your battery is ni-mh (mickel metal hydra ) and you you are using a charger for the ni -cd batterys i run 4400mh batteries in my rc drift car i brought a charger from the shop for 20 quid chargers at dif rates ie 2,3,4 amps. ans even plugs into your cigarete lighter in the car :thumb: