handbrake cable

xvillax

:censored: having broblems refitting the hanbrake cable on a mk6

for the life of me i can figure out how the retaining clips fit back on, on the centre part by the middle box

anyone help me out? pulling my hair out atm lol

They generally snap when your removing the old cable (depends on age of car).... all of mine snapped a month back when I changed mine and I ended up carefully removing some from a scrappy car.

for the life of me i can figure out how the retaining clips fit back on, on the centre part by the middle box

They generally snap when your removing the old cable (depends on age of car).... all of mine snapped a month back when I changed mine and I ended up carefully removing some from a scrappy car.

i have new ones just cant fit them tried all ways i knew i should of take a pic before removing them ans worst is cable has been off for like over a year so cant remember how they go back on

grrr i hate cars :vangry:

i have new ones just cant fit them tried all ways i knew i should of take a pic before removing them ans worst is cable has been off for like over a year so cant remember how they go back on

grrr i hate cars :vangry:

the small cable that goes from handbrake lever firstly needs to be fed down central tunnel then fits back into centre piece by pulling the rubber grommet on cable towards threaded end a little then turning cable 90 degress so other end is horizontal then put through centre piece and turn cable to vertical position and pull grommet till it secures to central piece hope this makes sence