changed the green bulbs in the dials to red leds

C6 CYA

changed mine out ages ago but didnt use replacement led bulbs in the bulb holder..... smashed the green filter out and positioned the individual bulbs so as they lit each dial up and only each dial.

only drawback....... ya cant see the Low fuel mark as its red and the bulb blanks it out ?( :D

will add pic shortly.

Quite a nice look there shawdreamer, liking the red.

wanted to stick with the orange/red theme of the dash, changed the switch LED's over a year ago to the same sorta warm orange you find in the new astra's (seemed a bit different to me att).

....like I said, the only drawback is you lose your low fuel marker :pancake:

i changed the bulbs to red leds (replaced the green bulbs in the holders with red leds) now the leds light up red but dont light the dials up, if you look from above the dials you can see the red bulb glowing but the dials remain in the dark any ideas? cheers chris

Have you changed your dials or are they still black?

I read somewhere that the black dials have a green filter in them also so the red won't light up the dials aswell as if you had white dials.

Fraz

i changed the bulbs to red leds (replaced the green bulbs in the holders with red leds) now the leds light up red but dont light the dials up, if you look from above the dials you can see the red bulb glowing but the dials remain in the dark any ideas? cheers chris

Have you changed your dials or are they still black?

I read somewhere that the black dials have a green filter in them also so the red won't light up the dials aswell as if you had white dials.

Fraz

all the dials have the green filter, its just more notable on white facia dials for obvious reasons

Edited by shawdreamer