Rusty/orange water...

geordie_aaron

Girlfriends old man rang me yesturday to go have a look at his fez 1.25 (zetec S shape).... its got an endura engine.... now -

if you face the engine bay - the leak of this rusty/orange water is coming from the right-underside (eventually dropping off the gearbox) NOT the side of the pulleys ETC

far as i'm aware the water pump is on the side of the pulleys yeah? theres NO water in the header tank but theres a load of blacky sludge in the bottom of the tank and a LITTLE on the inside of the oil filler cap - BUT the dash doesn't have temp gauge so wecan't tell if its been ran hot....

no leaks from the radiator or hoses that i can see from underneath - i think its the water pump and the gasket is on its way...... whats your opinion? getting it to the garage on Monday...

thermostat housing is that side and if its orange rusty water then i reckon his be running with in-sufficent anti-freeze.

replace the seals on it and put back and keep an eye on it, you could also purchase a head gasket test die kit which will tell u in minutes if you have head gasket failure

I've seen this many times. It's where the two hoses connect to the sensor block on the end of the head - underneath the coil pack. It's difficult to see the leak, but you can usually see where water has been running down the bell housing. The block is made out of alloy and reacts with the antifreeze in some way - don't know how - but you get a soft clay like build up between the hose and the spigot that pushes the hose clip away and you get the leak. Take the hoses off and scrape the clay off - clean up any large pits in the spigots with emery cloth then refit hoses using screw jubilee clips instead.

"he'd have to take the box to bits to get to it"

sad thing is - he's part'exing it on Sat for a spankin new 207!!!! any temp fixes? i'm gona take the left over of my rad weld over later....failing that the raw egg trick me thinks lololol

any ideas? or explanation what he means?!