laptop battery?

McRic

I have that exact Laptop too fella, the battery is garbage on it, mine has been since new...... I found that letting it totally Die and charging it from flat a few times helps it :) mine now lasts about 40 minutes whereas it use to only last about 10-15 minutes... :(

Do you also find that it runs a little hot when doing the smallest of things???

IF you leave it plugged in all day long that will happen.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-9-Cell-Dell-...%3A1%7C294%3A50 that should be the right one, I presume your standard battery is a 6-cell so this one is an extended one (9 cell).

I'm bad for using it plugged in so that would explain it Stu. I never realised it would be damaging owt.

I have that exact Laptop too fella, the battery is garbage on it, mine has been since new...... I found that letting it totally Die and charging it from flat a few times helps it :) mine now lasts about 40 minutes whereas it use to only last about 10-15 minutes... :(

Do you also find that it runs a little hot when doing the smallest of things???

Doesn't seem hot mate no.

Lee, that can help on occassions, but usually not by much.

If your Standard Dell battery was faulty to begin with you should have requested another under warrenty, they will replace it next day.

Ric, if you want to leave your laptop plugged in all the time it is better to remove the battery from it, it will last longer then :thumb:

Ric, if you want to leave your laptop plugged in all the time it is better to remove the battery from it, it will last longer then :thumb:

if Ric is like me.. the laptop is about 2 years old so will be out of warranty... it was never faulty mine Stu.. just always have it plugged in... as it is right this second lol. :)

Oh. and if we were to remove battery, it would lave a GAPING hole in the bottom... Dell badly design locations on there laptops nowadays.... whereas there older models (C610 etc) enclose them like a hot swap drive rather than just clipping them in the bottom...

also without the battery in our laptop leaves a bit of circutry available to damage if its removed. :)