windows vista

Mk6 Si Ross

Thats called the "Launch" bar or Launch Application

I dunno how to get it back sorry, but now atleast you know what it'#s called...

Right click on the taskbar... choose toolbars... then quick launch

I think your a bit mistaken, although perfectly right about the quick launch but thats not what he is talking about.

When I bought my laptop (which is an Advent if it makes any difference) I had this thing in the top/middle of my desktop as the OP describes but I uninstalled mine so not sure how he can get his back as i've never looked

Thats called the "Launch" bar or Launch Application

I dunno how to get it back sorry, but now atleast you know what it'#s called...

Right click on the taskbar... choose toolbars... then quick launch

I think your a bit mistaken, although perfectly right about the quick launch but thats not what he is talking about.

When I bought my laptop (which is an Advent if it makes any difference) I had this thing in the top/middle of my desktop as the OP describes but I uninstalled mine so not sure how he can get his back as i've never looked

Oh, OK. I think you may be talking about a custom toolbar. Have you tried right clicking the taskbar... toolbars... new toolbar, and then browsing your PC?

maybe its a Dell thing???? i've looked into these terms in the replies above, the taskbar is the bar across the bottm, the quicklauch is the section of icons in the taskbar in the bottom left near the Start button, the bar i'm on about only appears when you move to mouse to the very top on the screen near the middle.

ahh, my old laptop had that, really annoyed me!

funnily enough it pee's me off but then when it broke and disapperead i actually missed it cos it was the quickest way to Outlook for my email.

So............. anyone know any good windows vista gadgets to get???? any really good ones you can reccomend???

Edited by Mk6 Si Ross