sound output

duffa

Aye, that's right. I wouldn't think 20m of modern cabling would harm quality noticably, but it does seem excessive unless your hi-fi is in a different room. In which case I'd investigate hard wiring wall sockets.

Not if purchased from a decent shop stating that you need good quality but ebay £4.29 inc postage jobbies I would be rather wary about if it was me?

It will more than likely be low quality thin cable & not guarentee'd to be terminated that well too.

Possible faults could be hiss, noise, pops & crackles at that price.

Dont get me wrong, I purchased some lovely ballanced 1/4 inch patch cable for my studio at a reasonable price but you need to be aware of what your buying & for what purpose. Forget getting swayed by all the 24c gold plated connectors too.

If 3 meters is enough (nearly 10 foot) I would rather go for these (i know they have gold terminals i just meant dont let that sway you if they dont)

clicky

In fact he does 5metre too here.

clicky

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/1/6/6/9/0/webimg/326683764_o.jpg

Edited by PeeWee

Aye, that's right. I wouldn't think 20m of modern cabling would harm quality noticably, but it does seem excessive unless your hi-fi is in a different room. In which case I'd investigate hard wiring wall sockets.

Not if purchased from a decent shop stating that you need good quality but ebay £4.29 inc postage jobbies I would be rather wary about if it was me?

It will more than likely be low quality thin cable & not guarentee'd to be terminated that well too.

Possible faults could be hiss, noise, pops & crackles at that price.

Dont get me wrong, I purchased some lovely ballanced 1/4 inch patch cable for my studio at a reasonable price but you need to be aware of what your buying & for what purpose. Forget getting swayed by all the 24c gold plated connectors too.

If 3 meters is enough (nearly 10 foot) I would rather go for these (i know they have gold terminals i just meant dont let that sway you if they dont)

clicky

In fact he does 5metre too here.

clicky

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/1/6/6/9/0/webimg/326683764_o.jpg

personally an audio cable is just an audio cable theres not much in it at all i dont think, i ued to have a FM transmitter and used only the basic cable he posted about... also had one of the more expensive cables and when tested... there really was not much difference from what i could tell IF ANY! that was also streaming at 220Kbps video & 199k audio so quite high rates really, so when you compare the two cables on that spec you would expect a change in sound quality.

ended up going for this one , think its same as one you linked peewee > click

They should be fine for whay you need mate yeah, far better than the others you linked.

Danny there is quite a lot to audio cable its actually quite in depth & differences do vary.

Im qualified in this area (qualified recording studio engineer) so I know a little about what im talking about.

ended up going for this one , think its same as one you linked peewee > click

They should be fine for whay you need mate yeah, far better than the others you linked.

Danny there is quite a lot to audio cable its actually quite in depth & differences do vary.

Im qualified in this area (qualified recording studio engineer) so I know a little about what im talking about.

oh cool :D im not a pro but i do know there is not much difference between the two types of cable listed in this post, as i said i have used both similar and there is not really any noticable difference, just Be cautious about cable vendors that don't specify cable metrics or downplay the importance of measurements. if you are just looking to play pc sound to your hi fi i dont suppose it really matters whether you have a £1 or a £10 cable :D