Sharing OUtlook contacts

stuey650

Here's the scenario, One email account currently setup on a PC using outlook 2003. Years of History filed in folders, hundreds of contacts and some calendar entries.

User now has 2 new laptops and wants his email to be available on both his home PC and the family laptop and his portable travel laptop.

Emails aspect easy enough, point all 3 to pop server and set not to delete from server for 60 days or something so each email can be downloaded to all computers OR i could make a copy of PST file and put on all PC's for historic emails and use IMAP settings on both email clients so inbox, sent, filed folders are available on both going forward.

Problem is how can I then sync the contacts (not bothered about calendar). He's happy for a manual process if need be that he actions once a week but I don't want anything complicated such as merging PST files, a double click of a batch file or such like yes but not copying PST's around.

Found a few 3rd party apps but they come at a price, wonder how folk have done this before without exchange with minimal cost although a few quid for an app won't hurt if it does the job.

Webmail not really an option, he'll fill allocation in no time and keen to stay with Outlook.