Cost of houses, Is it too much

Craig855S

McRic once I get rid of the credit card and catalogue then ill be saving for a deposit, and using an advance from the RAF of another 8 grand to help my deposit... But another problem would be my credit rating. I'd probably get refused a mortgage...and also. the 550 a month figure I quoted was probably nowhere near what a mortgage round here would cost. To pay off a 170 grand mortgage (say I got together a 15k deposit on a 185 house) then It would probably require a lot more than 550 a month to get it paid off... I'll be seeing an advisor once the above debts are gone

You'd prob be easier talking to a mort adviser before you go any further tbh. If they can give you an insight into costs then you'll know what you're aiming for. The monthly figure you're quoting I pay more than and that was for a morgage of 102k iirc. In saying that I got a crap rate in comparison to whats on offer now.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just bought my first house!

3 bed semi, with a double garage! for the sum of £117k

need some work, bout £10k splashing at it, would be alot more, but do the work myself :)

had to put a big deposit down to secure a morgage for myself! but well worth it!

Bargain! mines 2 bedroom, 60k more and no garage, but needs zero$ spent on it. The joys of living in the south.

nice mate! and cheers sid :cheers:

the house next door to me is for sale, same layout and everything and its up for £180k so shouldnt be a bad investment, although i will live in it, then buy another in a few years and rent this one out.

beauty of it is, i can do all the work myself, plumbing, plastering etc, so its good as im learning alot to, but dont get me wrong, would love it to be finished haha! the house was in a sorry state, but ive ripped it out to a bare shell, so i can start over, and do what i like in it :)

:cheers:

:cheers: