Fleet/multi car policies

Trig

Has anyone got any experience of policies covering several cars? At the minute I have the daily driver, the disco will soon be on the road and there is my retro car, so having seperate insurance policies might not be the most cost effective way of insuring for me.

How does the cost and level of cover for these sort of policies fare against running individual policies?

can u not get a trade policy

trade is for trade, don't cover for SDP. ;)

you can get SDP on a trade policy, just they dont normally let you have it if you are not an old giffer!

(my old man has not long since started a trade policy with tradex after his old policy became rediculously pricey and both he and my mum are now on it for SDP and trade (on the old one my mum was SDP only).... i can go on it SDP for £600 but that only covers me on vehicles up to 1600cc! i can go on as trade only for about 400quid though)

if you are in the motor trade and are able to get SDP on a trade policy, then you will be covered for SDP for any vehicle (as long as it is within the classes specified on the policy) that is in your custody, care or control (if you are keeping it over two weeks, your insurance company should be informed of the fact so they can update the insurance database)

What about just ringing up an insurance broker and asking for a multicar discount?

Infact, Keith Michaels quote

Can I get a family fleet insurance policy?

Two or more vehicles can be accommodated under a family fleet insurance policy including a mix of vehicles, e.g. one vehicle is a car and the other a van etc.