Side Skirt Painting

gecko

Just rang arond a few places to get them painted in moondust silver and the one place where I had front bumper painted quoted about £110 stating that they use plasticizer to ensure paint does not flake.

But surley most body shops would use this yes?

Got soem quotes as low as £45 for the pair, is this too cheap?

Just rang arond a few places to get them painted in moondust silver and the one place where I had front bumper painted quoted about £110 stating that they use plasticizer to ensure paint does not flake.

But surley most body shops would use this yes?

Got soem quotes as low as £45 for the pair, is this too cheap?

plasticizer? 8o 8o 8o arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not the plasticizer :roll:

sounds like some sort of hi tech gun that turns u in to plastic lol unless its some sort of laquor machine.

I got my gti skirts and spats painted in panther black for £100 quid if i rember rightly.

Never heard of a plasticizer :) to be honest. As long as its got primer, colour and laquir on it will not flake if done by a pro painter.

I think shunster painted & fitted his git skirts him self, they have got 3 for a tennor at hailfords atm paint,primer and lacker in any colour.

hope that helps a bit.

Well Muzzy I did consider painting them myself as I have quite a few tins of paint etc which I stocked up on from halfords while there offer was and is still on, I used some to do my Rear Spoiler and I guess I would have enough left to do one side skirt and buy more for the other.

But I do not want to land up with the paint flaking, by the way just seen that paint is flaking off rear bumper and that is the original Ford one.