Internet/Router/PHone Line Help....

RobMk6

Anybody in the know about the following, if i could have some information I'd much appreciate it as i have found tonnes of stuff on google and such but none of it very relevant to my situation......

I Recently moved into a massive house on a working farm as the farm owner split from his wife, didn't see the point in heating such a large house just for him so moved into a log cabin he built in the woods next to the farm buildings.

The electric from all the farm buildings, his cabin etc run straight from the distribution board in the house.....

Its the same situation with the PHONE line, he's basically jus tapped into the phone line in the house and run an "extension" down to his cabin and farm buildings.

Due to this the electric is included in my rent.... but i've not thought of the phone....

He has said he has broadband and if i can pick up a signal i can use it..... no such luck as his router is too far away.

i have my own router though, so can i just plug this into a phone socket and use that?

in essence can 2 separate routers be run off the same line?

Would it work if his was switched off?

I know he switches all mains appliances off before he goes to bed? so if after his is switched off, could i switch mine on and have it work?

It would depend on who the ISP is. Have you thought about a range extender, or even run a CAT3 cable back from his router/switch to you.

Would it work if his was switched off?

I know he switches all mains appliances off before he goes to bed? so if after his is switched off, could i switch mine on and have it work?

provided that the router is setup with the same login details and filtered correctly ECT then id say yes so long as hisis not powered and synced up