Wordpress

wwwd

Is there anyway of extracting posts from my old blog (which has since expired, but still has the entries on Web Archive) to my new one which is currently running?

Are you talking about a blog hosted elsewhere? If you're running your own version of wordpress you can probably extract/export the posts from the database.

Is there anyway of extracting posts from my old blog (which has since expired, but still has the entries on Web Archive) to my new one which is currently running?

Are you talking about a blog hosted elsewhere? If you're running your own version of wordpress you can probably extract/export the posts from the database.

Yeah, the posts are from my old blog but there's archives of it on the Web Archive.

It's still unclear what you're talking about. Wordpress comes in two forms. One is where you host a blog on their servers, the other is where you install their software on your own server. It makes a big difference to the answer to your problem.

I have a blog running on my on webspace, started in 2006.

But I used to have an old one (again on my webspace) in 2005 but I forgot to backup the site when I moved to a different domain name. I've found all the original posts on the Web Archive, and was wondering if there was a way to 'extract' them from there, and import them into my latest blog.

But I used to have an old one (again on my webspace) in 2005 but I forgot to backup the site when I moved to a different domain name. I've found all the original posts on the Web Archive, and was wondering if there was a way to 'extract' them from there, and import them into my latest blog.

Copy. Paste. :innocent:

Copy. Paste. :innocent:

Guess I'll have to do that.

Is there a way to "fool" Wordpress into thinking they are older entries? I have an archive of posts you see and would like them before my earliest post.