Key help

scottdow

get a chipped blank from ebay, get your local key place to cut it and program it yourself... theres instructions on here somewhere its chimpanzee levels of easy

Corr red keys all three fords ive had and not seen one of em lol

I've got a frickin box of red ones if you want one :P

get a chipped blank from ebay, get your local key place to cut it and program it yourself... theres instructions on here somewhere its chimpanzee levels of easy

The local key cutters round here won't cut chipped keys provided by the customer - they will only cut keys they provide. I guess this is in case they balls them up. Last time I had a key cut by Fords it was £15.

I've posted instructions for programming loads of times - insert red key - turn ignition on and wait until red PATS light goes out - turn off and remove key - wait a few seconds until red PATS light comes back on - insert key to be programmed and turn ignition on. Done.

just for furure you should not keep using the red key it is ment to be as a emergency spare and reprogramming only as every time it gets put in ignition it puts pats into reprogram mode was told when i worked for ford that isnt good to keep doing this :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...