is it possible to weld up a patch on the sill without removing side sk

pricey99

what about some kind of metal plate between the sill and skirt to deflect the heat?

im just streaming off as many ideas as i can as someone is coming over tomorrow to weld it up and i really dont want to break the skirt off

Skirt has to come off mate. If you can find out where you i presume fillered to smooth it in and cut down the join you wouldn't make too much of a mess (hopefully). The heat from welding will go through it, my floor is double skinned and i had to weld some floor plates in and the weld went through the floor and you can see where it's welded inside the car.

Repairs have to be seem welded.

k cheers bud. thanks for the info. think im starting to bite the bullet now. :glare:

looks like its a trip to the body shop too then. :tired:

suppose i best start looking at the best way to remove the skirt. the work wasn't done by me it was done by t's auto's.

i'll have a feel inside the rear wheel arch and see if can tell where its blended.

suppose id be wise to check the inner seal before the guy comes tomorrow

k cheers bud. thanks for the info. think im starting to bite the bullet now. :glare:

looks like its a trip to the body shop too then. :tired:

suppose i best start looking at the best way to remove the skirt. the work wasn't done by me it was done by t's auto's.

i'll have a feel inside the rear wheel arch and see if can tell where its blended.

suppose id be wise to check the inner seal before the guy comes tomorrow

That's alright mate. You can always do it yourself, just seen genuine Ford rattle cans used and that with some lacquer would look alright temporarily. Filler isn't too bad either, depends how much of a tart you are and how much feel you have in your hands. Why not, get the seats out and roll the carpet into the centre, that should be fine for welding the sills, may aswell, why not.

Good luck mate!

Which makes me chuckle as their only glued together in the first place :pancake:

I know, we had my Dads Uncles Merc 230 SL come in because the sills were gone, so we put new ones on and screwed them on (how they are out the factory) and the MOT people failed it so we argued the toss and they finally passed it.