Swapping mk6 front to mk5

p4u1

Hi just wondered what's involved in swapping mk6 front end to mk5 is it an easy swap, intrested in doing the rear aswell what's involved in that ie fogs etc

everythings a straight swap reali.. i heard theres gota be sum lil mods to get the headlights in tho..and the back.. is the bootlid lights and the lamp panels

Hi mate just converted my mk 6 to mk5 front end, you need the lights, bonnet, bonnet catch, and bumper. Bonnet goes straight on but if you have the ford mk6 upper Strutt brace this will not allow the bonnet to shut and so must be removed. The mk6 light brackets also need to be removed and the front panel massaged with a large hammer to clear the bottom location tabs on the mk5 lights. After that you need to drill new mounting holes for the lights to be bolted to I used the front grille to space them correctly and the bonnet / bumper to get them level. Some spacing of the bolts will be required to get them to fit perfect. Bumper bolts straight on no probs there. Hope that helps.

ye just rig the fog light upto the mk5 rear lights...its not that hard to do the rear lamp panel..there only spot welds.. i have a dent in my lamp panel so ll be changin mine soon if you want me to put my progress on here so you can see how to do it?? type in rear lamp panel on ebay n you will understand it when you see it