a query

escrt1.4i

i wonder if any one can help me i had a collision back in oct 2009 it was a minor one in which i hit a van minor damage was caused at the time i gave over all my insurance info etc etc and heard no more but in jan of this year i receieved a letter from a insolvency company asking for a substantial amount of money for the above incident . basically what i tould like to no is how long is the period for an insurance claim cause its been a year and half or so since it happened

it was a while back , im still with kwikfit as i was then, i no the works van i hit the actual company has gone bust an it an insolvency solicitors that sent the letter and they are tryin to claim a total of 5 grand for damage caused when i mearly knocked ofthe corner piece of the bumper its being and its being done through a court i no the bloke was driving the van for over amonth after the incident but with the claimed damage surely he would notable to and its a 56 plate transit connect i just would like to no if surely after a year an a half they could really do anything as they should have gone through there insurance at the time and if i was to phone my insurance company i cant see them being intrested could you as i now dont have the car and the owners of the van should have contacted my insurance company ?

have you got legal cover on your insurance if so give them a ring they will be able to tell you the ins and outs

im not sure mate to be honest

as a matter of course, always have it, its worth more than the insurance IMO usually £25 more a year, or standard on some comp policys