External HDD errors

RobMk6

If I have a folder on an external hard drive thats causing serious crash issues, how can I delete it? as I think i've found the folder causing my problems but cant delete it

Hard drive was originall formatted with a Windows Vista laptop, that has since died, now have a laptop on windows7, my external HD is a seagate 1.5TB drive.

I can access all the folders on the drive and physically lock around it, but cant copy anything to/from it.

It freezes for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages before giving error messages, I'm just waiting for a freeze to stop and I'll post the error msg.

When I try and delete the offending folder (which is a music folder copied from the G/fs PC.... which worked fine on my vista laptop) I get the following message...........

"an unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder. if you continue to receive this error you can use the error code to search for help...

error 0x80070091:the directory is not empty"

If I have a folder on an external hard drive thats causing serious crash issues, how can I delete it? as I think i've found the folder causing my problems but cant delete it

Hard drive was originall formatted with a Windows Vista laptop, that has since died, now have a laptop on windows7, my external HD is a seagate 1.5TB drive.

I can access all the folders on the drive and physically lock around it, but cant copy anything to/from it.

It freezes for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages before giving error messages, I'm just waiting for a freeze to stop and I'll post the error msg.

When I try and delete the offending folder (which is a music folder copied from the G/fs PC.... which worked fine on my vista laptop) I get the following message...........

"an unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder. if you continue to receive this error you can use the error code to search for help...

error 0x80070091:the directory is not empty"

can sometimes delete files easier in safe mode, tap F8 when computer is starting up and choose safe mode