Morette Beam Bulbs

Naylor2006

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definate answer for you

morette outers H4's

inners H2's (if genuine lamps, if ones form ebay or bolt on bits there H1's)

genuine fogs are H3's

Thanks mate, the inners have the cold air trumpets.

So I just need 4 H4's and 2 H3's to swap out the lot?

definate answer for you

morette outers H4's

genuine fogs are H3's

Just 2 h4's (one pair) & 2 h3's (one pair)

Get some led side repeaters whilst your at it to finish them off :D

definate answer for you

morette outers H4's

genuine fogs are H3's

Just 2 h4's (one pair) & 2 h3's (one pair)

Get some led side repeaters whilst your at it to finish them off :D

Currently got the indicators behind the grill, kinda worried about MOT so was thinking of mounting something else, just dont know what to do yet bar refitting the inner trumpets with the lenses for indicators and putting a cold feed somewhere else.

Surely i need two pairs of H4s? One pair for dipped and one pair for full beam? Then a seperate pair of h3s for the fogs. Am i being stupid? :)

No, h4's are a dual fillament bulb and act as both main & dipped beam. Trust me here as my morettes are currentley in bits.

Well, that told me lol. Been using H1s for years, completely forgot about dual filaments.

Thanks mate

Lol. Anytime mate.

Tbh i wouldnt know myself unless i just got a used set on tuesday.

What are you doing for indicators?

Yet to be decided. But im thinking obout using the inner lamps but by adding another bulb holder to the lamp so i cqn still use the main beam.

I'm confused now, it the outter lamps have H4s in them that does your dipped and full beam you won't need another holder for the inners anyway?

My full and normal beam both come from the outta lamps, I thought this was because of dual filament?

Lol!

H4 = dual fillament, does both dipped and main beam.

The inner lamps can be used for whatever you want so you can leave as spots to come on with main beam, convert to indicators or remove completeley for a cold air feed.

All thats needed us the outer lamps to be legal. (and find somewhere legal to fit your indicators)

Lol!

H4 = dual fillament, does both dipped and main beam.

The inner lamps can be used for whatever you want so you can leave as spots to come on with main beam, convert to indicators or remove completeley for a cold air feed.

All thats needed us the outer lamps to be legal. (and find somewhere legal to fit your indicators)

What a funny conversation this has turned out to be, think I just misunderstood why you wanted to use the inner lamps, double full beam sounds sick though.

Indicators behind the upper grill right in the corners, is that legal, that's where mine are? Spoke with a mechanic who said because their not in some sort of bulb holder that MOT might fail here. I know there's measurements for distance apart and stuff but if behind the grill is not ok it's bye bye trumpets. I'll have to get the inners sorted out, I'm not a fan of making adjustments to pass MOT, I like a MOT pass all year round, not just the day of the test.