football dives

Craig855S

After watching the torres incident on youtube after many people talking about it I got to watching some comical footy vids, this one reminds me of why i dont bother my arse with the sport

the delayed reactions are great, "Oh yeah, he just brushed his head against mine, i best throw myself at the floor"

I know of lightbulbs made of sterner stuff than these sniffs

It's not all footballers that dive, just the scum.

The Newcastle one (Taylor, maybe) is hilarious, because he's not diving as such, he's pretending he didn't just stop the ball with his arm in the box, so holds his chest like he's been shot, haha.

Here are some you may appreciate more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e46TATx0SLI

I can't find Jaap Stam getting stitches to a head wound at the side of the pich before coming back on, but that was pretty bad ass. Butcher with the famous bloodied shirt as well.

Edited by sidrick

Yeah obviously some real clashes and accidents happen (and people end up on the floor because theyve actually been hit hard enough to fall down)

But all too often people fall at the slightest contact in order to cease play (because they feel they are about to miss a scoring oppertunity and fancy their chances at a free kick or penalty OR they are about to concede a goal unless the whistle is blown and the ball repositioned)

Why cant they just accept they are going to lose possesion/or be scored against and worry about what to do to equalise later, instead of falling over and using cheap tricks to get advantages. How often do you see them running shoulder to shoulder battling for the ball without falling over and one of them coming away with the ball?? like say...Rugby

..and for years, all I have heard from football players is that I play a "pussy" sport (basketball). I honestly don't know how some of these guys can go home, and say hello to their wives and kids after they've been shamefully writhing around in pretend agony

Basketball is a pussy sport in comparison, tbf. I'm not saying it's a pussy sport in general, but in comparison to football, where there are broken arms, legs, ribs, concussions and the occasional death, basketball doesn't really carry the same danger.

I remain the only player to have been sent off for my secondary school basketball team. Some guy intentionally elbowed me and the ref did nothing. The ball then went out of play and as he reached down to get the ball I kicked away both his legs and he fell into the wall of the gym hall face first. Me = 8) Him = X( Ref = :vangry:

An insight into the life of Sid.

True story.

• 2 weeks later...