Underseal

Ahmotorsport

Hello to you all.

I want to remove the rock hard, terribly applied, muchos amount of underseal from underneath my car. I was gonna get an Angle Grinder with a wire wheel and just go with that, however, i find when i'm working on my back with my arms in the air taking off underseal achy. Is there anything i can use to soften it (i've heard diesel does?) any suggestions'd be great.

Cheers all.

Hello to you all.

I want to remove the rock hard, terribly applied, muchos amount of underseal from underneath my car. I was gonna get an Angle Grinder with a wire wheel and just go with that, however, i find when i'm working on my back with my arms in the air taking off underseal achy. Is there anything i can use to soften it (i've heard diesel does?) any suggestions'd be great.

Cheers all.

got to turn car over like this http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/28051.jpg

its easy then lol.seriosly its nasty stuff and is a pig to get off usual methods are scraper blow torch and wire brush diesel and petrol will soften it .or you could try sand blasting it off. done car above with a steam cleaner and wire brush on a grinder cheers :thumb:

Hello to you all.

Cheers all.

its easy then lol.seriosly its nasty stuff and is a pig to get off usual methods are scraper blow torch and wire brush diesel and petrol will soften it .or you could try sand blasting it off. done car above with a steam cleaner and wire brush on a grinder cheers :thumb:

Yeah turning it over isn't really an option for me xD

Scraper wouldn't touch this stuff, if it's softer it might i suppose.

Thanks.

Hello to you all.

Cheers all.

Yeah turning it over isn't really an option for me xD

Scraper wouldn't touch this stuff, if it's softer it might i suppose.

Thanks.

it took me all day today to do this one. i dont think i could have done it on the floor or evan on a ramp .now i have the problem of what to replace it with.i hate underseal was thinking of spraying seam sealer on it as it flexible then painting it black . hope you dont find any rust cause bodgers cover it up with this stuff :thumb:

nice hosepipe etrebus ;)

yes its great fits on the steam cleaner and reaches all round the house lol

Naah i think me floor is pretty solid. Only done 32k miles after all! Dry stored half it's life. Yeah it's horrible stuff. Got a Mk1 Cortina to do aswell :/ That will be on a spit though.

bet the cortina has some tin worm. just done a vauxhall victor imported from s.africa with 23,00 miles then stored for 20 years in a dry barn it still had a hole in the rear quarter size of a fist 4 rotten doors but surprisingly rust free floor lol :thumb:

Naah i think me floor is pretty solid. Only done 32k miles after all! Dry stored half it's life. Yeah it's horrible stuff. Got a Mk1 Cortina to do aswell :/ That will be on a spit though.

bet the cortina has some tin worm. just done a vauxhall victor imported from s.africa with 23,00 miles then stored for 20 years in a dry barn it still had a hole in the rear quarter size of a fist 4 rotten doors but surprisingly rust free floor lol :thumb:

Floor must be the last place to rust then? Weird...

no apparantly floors always rust first due to poorly fitted doors was told that if the door shuts without rubbing body then it was deemed a good fit :thumb:

no apparantly floors always rust first due to poorly fitted doors was told that if the door shuts without rubbing body then it was deemed a good fit :thumb:

Oh right, well mine don't rub and you've really got to slam them, lets hope they work!

Oh right, well mine don't rub and you've really got to slam them, lets hope they work!

build quality wasn't high on the list in 1958 prob why this was only 1 of 7 left in the world and 1 of 2 in england the other being left hand drive :thumb:

build quality wasn't high on the list in 1958 prob why this was only 1 of 7 left in the world and 1 of 2 in england the other being left hand drive :thumb:

Bloody hell! Apparently only 21 of my particular model left on the roads of Britain, i wonder how many my colour and year :P

Bloody hell! Apparently only 21 of my particular model left on the roads of Britain, i wonder how many my colour and year :P

try this site called how many left http://howmanyleft.co.uk/ :thumb:

Edited by etrebus

try this site called how many left http://howmanyleft.co.uk/ :thumb:

That's where i got it from ;)