Ford fiesta tdci sport van

Andyb0127

Little bit of an update, some pics of trial fitting new boot floor and back panels, boot floor went in quite easy and sits in right place, different story with back panel doesnt quite line up properly yet little bit more fiddling around, still waiting for second hand tailgate and rear bumper.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/Andyb0127/cbc19100.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/Andyb0127/c9e8f66e.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/Andyb0127/ebc68c55.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/Andyb0127/76ed464d.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/Andyb0127/ce5e8ec9.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[are you going to be welding this one or glueing it like the last one you posted on here lol . looking forward to next update when its all welded up
this will be mig welded and spot welded, may be a while before that tho, boot floor went straight in, its the inner rear panel that's causing problems, sits in place ok but the n/s chassis rail is still out of line, luckily enough a mate has one of these, so I'm goin to take a lot of measurements, and tremal gauge measurements, then measure my one see how far out we are if it's to far, then I'll just buy a new rear chassis be a lot less hassle, well I say that I'll have to find out from methods from escribe/thatcham if you have to put the whole lot in or they can be joined, as the whole lot could be a mission as it looks like it goes to the start of the floor pan under n/s seat could be fun if it does, but way I see it is its better to be safe than sorry. But guess I won't know until I have my measurements and try the tailgate to see how central it is.

cant get a better than another one to measure off .few years ago now i did a p405 that had been hit center front and pulled both front chassis in i measured off another one worked a treat (measured diagonals so knew it was all square)as long as your accurate you should be fine . and judgeing your previous repairs it will be spot on :thumb: Edited by etrebus

cant get a better than another one to measure off .few years ago now i did a p405 that had been hit center front and pulled both front chassis in i measured off another one worked a treat (measured diagonals so knew it was all square)as long as your accurate you should be fine . and judgeing your previous repairs it will be spot on :thumb:
I hope so mate, sounds like your talking from experiencing the same thing.

Width I know is wrong that's not to much of a problem to put right, it's getting the height right, as not many floors are dead even always uneven which will throw the height out, I did say I would get jig brackets which I'm still considering but there's a six week wait for them, plus work now need jig for a customers car, only way I could see was to put car on axle stands at least then it may sit more even.

I'm just sceptical about tailgate fitting, probably just me but I'm you will understand what I mean when you look at something and thinks there's something that just doesn't look right about, I may be wrong or just being over critical.

Thanks mate yeah I'm sure it will be right in the end :thumb:

So much respect for these body work chaps bringing almost wrecks back to life.

Top work, almost forgiven you for ranting on Sid engine transportation fail topic now ;)

thanks mate, don't really take much notice of it really probably because I do this every day, did think what have I done when got it on a lift and saw chassis underneath tho.

Almost redeemed myself then after making a right pr4tt of myself on sids engine topic. :cheers:

cant get a better than another one to measure off .few years ago now i did a p405 that had been hit center front and pulled both front chassis in i measured off another one worked a treat (measured diagonals so knew it was all square)as long as your accurate you should be fine . and judgeing your previous repairs it will be spot on :thumb:

Width I know is wrong that's not to much of a problem to put right, it's getting the height right, as not many floors are dead even always uneven which will throw the height out, I did say I would get jig brackets which I'm still considering but there's a six week wait for them, plus work now need jig for a customers car, only way I could see was to put car on axle stands at least then it may sit more even.

I'm just sceptical about tailgate fitting, probably just me but I'm you will understand what I mean when you look at something and thinks there's something that just doesn't look right about, I may be wrong or just being over critical.

Top work, almost forgiven you for ranting on Sid engine transportation fail topic now ;)

thanks mate, don't really take much notice of it really probably because I do this every day, did think what have I done when got it on a lift and saw chassis underneath tho.

Almost redeemed myself then after making a right pr4tt of myself on sids engine topic. :cheers:

My progress thread and recent posts have been a car crash of emotions recently, car keeps winding me up, I've made myself look very foolish.

I'm only playing with you anyways, keep up the work.

My progress thread and recent posts have been a car crash of emotions recently, car keeps winding me up, I've made myself look very foolish.

I'm only playing with you anyways, keep up the work.

I know what you mean, I've had cars in the past that are like that. Know after what you do it always seems as if it's fighting back and you can't get anything right.

Youve put so much time work and effort into it mate just stay positive, don't let it beat you everything will

Come together in the end :thumb:

Width I know is wrong that's not to much of a problem to put right, it's getting the height right, as not many floors are dead even always uneven which will throw the height out, I did say I would get jig brackets which I'm still considering but there's a six week wait for them, plus work now need jig for a customers car, only way I could see was to put car on axle stands at least then it may sit more even. I'm just sceptical about tailgate fitting, probably just me but I'm you will understand what I mean when you look at something and thinks there's something that just doesn't look right about, I may be wrong or just being over critical.

i do quite a bit of restoration work on older cars 1930's to 1960's and as long panels line up you can do no more. quite often as you know you have to make the panel fit the car each car was different so one panel prob wouldent fit another car of the model without some modification . i appreciate newer cars have more accurate shut lines but you can do it maybe you could go back to the old way with bit of string and a spirit level :thumb:

Width I know is wrong that's not to much of a problem to put right, it's getting the height right, as not many floors are dead even always uneven which will throw the height out, I did say I would get jig brackets which I'm still considering but there's a six week wait for them, plus work now need jig for a customers car, only way I could see was to put car on axle stands at least then it may sit more even. I'm just sceptical about tailgate fitting, probably just me but I'm you will understand what I mean when you look at something and thinks there's something that just doesn't look right about, I may be wrong or just being over critical.

i do quite a bit of restoration work on older cars 1930's to 1960's and as long panels line up you can do no more. quite often as you know you have to make the panel fit the car each car was different so one panel prob wouldent fit another car of the model without some modification . i appreciate newer cars have more accurate shut lines but you can do it maybe you could go back to the old way with bit of string and a spirit level :thumb:

must be great minds think alike, as I did think about using a spirit level across the top of the rear chassis to give and indication of how level it is.

Long time since I've done any restorations. Use to work in a bodyshop restoring e-type jags, but as you said there were. I gaurantees that every panel will be the same, which they never were but its about fifteen years since I stopped that, then went onto what I'm doing now still same thing just newer cars. Must admit tho even our other panel beater at work looked at the fiesta and said your brave bearing in mind he's qualified just needs more experience, but to me the panel beaters now a days are more panel fitters, no disrespect to them but I think in years to come real panel beaters

Will be a dieing breed.

must be great minds think alike, as I did think about using a spirit level across the top of the rear chassis to give and indication of how level it is.

Long time since I've done any restorations. Use to work in a bodyshop restoring e-type jags, but as you said there were. I gaurantees that every panel will be the same, which they never were but its about fifteen years since I stopped that, then went onto what I'm doing now still same thing just newer cars. Must admit tho even our other panel beater at work looked at the fiesta and said your brave bearing in mind he's qualified just needs more experience, but to me the panel beaters now a days are more panel fitters, no disrespect to them but I think in years to come real panel beaters

Will be a dieing breed.

one of my regrets in life was not doing some kind of course on an english wheel would love to have the skills to use one. i spent a bit of time doing mg's prob very similar to e types nothing ever fitted on them either at the moment im doing a standard vanguard 1949 phase 1 thing is people dont want to pay for skills nowadays for example panels now are replaced not repaired as its cheaper :thumb: