Windows 8

Hezz

apart from the obvious front end GUI and touch features what advances over 7 are there?

none :blush:

A few..

Power Efficency

"Cloud" Integration (Wallpaper settings etc follow you)

Improved performance on the same hardware (than W7)

WinRT

MetroUI Is a massive one, and it isn't really just a UI.

Windows Store

There's loads of new stuff, and improvements.

An initial test says that security essentials and itunes wont work?

Ironic that the competion OS's main app won't work lol?

MSE is built into Win8.

Ahhh cool, and just looked & I think it's telling me in terms of the itunes that it will un pair it from my iphone (obvious if your installing a new OS).

I downloaded the iso from Microsoft the other night but havn't installed it on anything yet.

I gather the licence runs out on the launch date too?

The small test exe is now saying getting things ready, wtf? I didn't ask it do get anything ready. :unsure:

Edited by PeeWee

MSE is built into Win8.

Ahhh cool, and just looked & I think it's telling me in terms of the itunes that it will un pair it from my iphone (obvious if your installing a new OS).

I downloaded the iso from Microsoft the other night but havn't installed it on anything yet.

The small test exe is now saying getting things ready, wtf? I didn't ask it do get anything ready. :unsure:

That check is for an upgrade, same as upgrading to Win7, certain apps will need removing/reinstalling.

It's got a snazzy new web installer, so that's probably what you've fired up.

MSE is built into Win8.

That check is for an upgrade, same as upgrading to Win7, certain apps will need removing/reinstalling.

I don't mean the iso, this was just the compatibility checker, ended up quitting it in the end.

MSE is built into Win8.

I don't mean the iso, this was just the compatibility checker, ended up quitting it in the end.

The web installer isn't an ISO, it's a lightweight EXE.

MSE is built into Win8.

The web installer isn't an ISO, it's a lightweight EXE.

I know its not an installer, I have the iso too. It was the EXE that was doing the "getting things ready" stuff.

Ill try the iso on a virtual machine.