Starting trouble

lee grout

Right. The car is not very active at the mo. Moving the car in/out the garage has not been a problem untill early in the week. Turn the key, hear the car trying to start but wont fire into life. Any ideas? I thought that battery not have enough charge but even when jumped it doesnt work. Im not sure if a fuel blockage is a worthy assessment or not?

Check for spark, fuel pressure.

I agree check the basics first

Er ok....and how do i go about that???? Engine wise i know nothing.

For spark, whip out a plug one at a time, put it in the lead, hold the wire part of the lead and put the electrode to the cam cover for example (providing it's metal) get someone to crank it over, you should see a nice blue spark. If not, check the electrode gaps, may be too high resistance in the plug, unlikely but possible.

Fuel pressure. You'd need a fuel pressure gauge and there will be all sorts of adapters, on the end of your rail is a take off that looks like a dust cap, rig it up to that, ignition on and check for leaks, if none, fire her up.

Right. The car is not very active at the mo. Moving the car in/out the garage has not been a problem untill early in the week. Turn the key, hear the car trying to start but wont fire into life. Any ideas? I thought that battery not have enough charge but even when jumped it doesnt work. Im not sure if a fuel blockage is a worthy assessment or not?

when you turn ignition on listen for fuel pump(just turn it till ig and batt lights come on dont crank)if it dosn't check impact switch you may have set it off if you have been banging body.if its sparking but no fuel then could be a relay if no spark /no fuel the could be prob with pats although i dont think it would crank . easy way to check if you have fuel at the fuel rail is remove blue dust cap and depress center of valve be CAREFULL as fuel could squirt out this will tell you if there is fuel but wont tell you if there is enough pressure :thumb: