PATS

redmex

Hi Guys

I have a knackerd ignition lock on my Mex and have a new replacement, but I have no red key to reprogram the new key.

Can i strap the old programed key inside the steering column near the transponder ring to the immobiliser?

Anyone tried it before etc

Ta

Sparkie

why not remove the chip from your old key and put it in your new key easy done :thumb:

Hi Guys

I have a knackerd ignition lock on my Mex and have a new replacement, but I have no red key to reprogram the new key.

Can i strap the old programed key inside the steering column near the transponder ring to the immobiliser?

Ta

Sparkie

why not remove the chip from your old key and put it in your new key easy done :thumb:

i thought about swapping the chip but, if i lost the key i wouldnt have a spare key with chip

Thanks to you both for the advice :thumb:

Hi Guys

Ta

Sparkie

i thought about swapping the chip but, if i lost the key i wouldnt have a spare key with chip

An autolocksmith can cut 2 keys for you to fit your new lock and then clone the PATS chip number from your old key onto both new keys. Simple job and you'll have 2 working keys.

Hi Guys

Ta

Sparkie

An autolocksmith can cut 2 keys for you to fit your new lock and then clone the PATS chip number from your old key onto both new keys. Simple job and you'll have 2 working keys.

I'm reluctant to go there Steve as im looking to swap the engine for a bigger one.

Basically I was left this 3 door Mex by my gran, its been garaged all its life and it had only done 4k when i got it 2 years ago. Problem is although its as new its gutless so I'm now looking for a 1.8 130ps donor or a 2 litre mondy donor which obviously makes issues of reprogramming these keys atm..

Thanks for the advice, once i have the conversion done i will get the keys done properly.

Hi Guys

Ta

Sparkie

I'm reluctant to go there Steve as im looking to swap the engine for a bigger one.

Basically I was left this 3 door Mex by my gran, its been garaged all its life and it had only done 4k when i got it 2 years ago. Problem is although its as new its gutless so I'm now looking for a 1.8 130ps donor or a 2 litre mondy donor which obviously makes issues of reprogramming these keys atm..

Thanks for the advice, once i have the conversion done i will get the keys done properly.

Ive done the locks proppa as ive decided to keep the 1600..

Thanks for the advice on the options and its secure again :cheers:

Sparkie