painting bonnet

bongo

that alone should be more than enough marc. how come you painting the bonnet matey?? if i were you i would consider waterbase mate, dries quicker!! and you can force dry it by the gun at stage one. so one coat you can dry off in 5 mins rather than wait

slee the bonnet, i bought off a guy about a year ago,due to my old one rusting at the front,unfortunately its a noticeable different shade of diamond white + its paint has cracked at the front, 2k dries quick though doesn't it?

never used waterbased before?

2k does but obviously its best to wear a full face mask to spray it waterbase you only need a simple mask. plus i think its better coverage, all you need is 10% of de ironised water to add to what ever you're using and thats it start spraying also easier to clean the gun out! all bodyshops are using waterbase

in a sense it would be better to add a lacquer for protection purposes mostly thats my opinion as solid colours always fade off after time from the environment etc. take for example red, you may say all reds fade no matter how they are sprayed or what is used etc. but i had my evotech bumper sprayed red in waterbase and clear coated. four years now not a bit of fading at all! its all down to the clear coat!