2 litre ECU's

redmex

• 4 months later...

Hi, i am also interested in which is the first and which is the latest from the ECU's suitable for 2ltr conversion. And which has the better mapping like lesser flat spots etc.

For the MAF differences - i've read that because of different aftermarket parts and brands and different production times, used materials etc even in the same factory there might be a difference in the readings of particular sensor there is around 10% (up to maybe 15%) tolerance from the readings of some sensors. Let's not forget that the ECU is self learning too, thus adapting.

For the difference in the ECUs I think that it's hard to tell the difference from two ECUs after just swapping them and running for a couple of hours because the 'new' one haven't learned yet whereas the old one was. Maybe after the two were sitting around for a day to forget what they learned while a third one is used to warm up the car, then putting the tested ECUs in to see if there is initial difference, but i dunno.

Edited by opexo

• 3 months later...

Reviving the subject a little as now im free at last from university crap and i have some time to waste on le car ^^

So still banging my head around the net for that 60-pin EEC-V marked ECU i have in the GTI i landed on that site HERE and looking at the codes i found that the last one of the letters are D, E, F, G for DESK, DEWY, DEEP, DALE.

93BB-12A650-ED / DESK

93BB-12A650-EE / DEWY

93BB-12A650-EF / 7145619 / DEEP Mondeo 2-4WD**

93BB-12A650-EG / 1014287 / DALE

** - about that mondeo2-4wd - there are no mk2-4x4's out there, but i'll check this on my mk1 4x4 which btw i have to say honestly, of all fords i've seen how they run it works the best of all (in terms of no hesitation or near-none flatspot around certain revs) so i suspect that's the best ecu to look for.

So i suspect after each "revision" of the ECU from 93 to 95 including, hardware or mapping, they've changed the letter with the next one in the alphabet. As in the first numbers (93 in the case) show the year which the part was firstly introduced, also seen on many other parts.

Edited by opexo

As i promised above to check the ecu of my mk1 4x4 mondy sitting in front of me is DALE - "the last" one with possibly the best mapping. So indeed i'd suggest if anyone is looking for one of these ECUs after 2ltr engine swap to look for the later ones.

SME-101 DALE EEC-IV

93BB-12A650-EG *CEGR01C2WW1B* G CAD 5G07

9526 2204 OSRAM

E9AF 14A624 AA SYLVANIA

FOAF-14A459-AA