fuel filler

martinw17

hi guys how do i remove fuel filler the bit were the cap is as my boot was leaking and got it sorted and looked after rained all day bone dry apart from a drip lol were rhs carpet is drip came from between wheel arch and side of car small gap ill show u a pic what i mean

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/martinw7/IMAG0543.jpg

thanks ull see were i put bit of sealent just to stop it for now but that's were its coming from in between car and wheel arch so i think could be fuel filler thanks guys

Edited by martinw17

hi guys how do i remove fuel filler the bit were the cap is as my boot was leaking and got it sorted and looked after rained all day bone dry apart from a drip lol were rhs carpet is drip came from between wheel arch and side of car small gap ill show u a pic what i mean

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/martinw7/IMAG0543.jpg

thanks ull see were i put bit of sealent just to stop it for now but that's were its coming from in between car and wheel arch so i think could be fuel filler thanks guys

any one got any ideas thanks

not quite sure what you mean, but think you are going to have to remove the filler neck if it the plastic piece under the cap :thumb:

its weeping were the sealent is n i mean bugger all looks in between wheel arch and side of car how to i remove the filler neck thanks buddy

not quite sure what you mean, but think you are going to have to remove the filler neck if it the plastic piece under the cap :thumb:

its weeping were the sealent is n i mean bugger all looks in between wheel arch and side of car how to i remove the filler neck thanks buddy

there are a couple of screws that hold the filler in one underneath that fixes it to the rear chassis rail and one up behind cap (under wheel arch )then clean off the mud around the grommet to the tank so as to not get any in when you remove filler ,you will have to remove the breathers then the filler will twist out of the tank gormmet ease it out when refitting smear some vaseline or similar to aid it slide back into grommet hope this helps :thumb:

there are a couple of screws that hold the filler in one underneath that fixes it to the rear chassis rail and one up behind cap (under wheel arch )then clean off the mud around the grommet to the tank so as to not get any in when you remove filler ,you will have to remove the breathers then the filler will twist out of the tank gormmet ease it out when refitting smear some vaseline or similar to aid it slide back into grommet hope this helps :thumb:

this to remove the bit thats on side of the car thanks mate

• 2 weeks later...
can the rubber be replaced the bit that stops water coming into car from were the petrol cap its the seal on neck were it meets car if know what im on about think that might be whats weeping water in as got it down to a drip n think its coming in from that rubber thanks again lads