GTi dials in non GTi

white_van_matt

I've just got myself some GTi white dials with rev counter etc, (well I'm currently waiting in for them to arrive -damn couriers! :D )

What my question is, is will they plug straight in to my mk6 van and work or will I have some rewiring to do? Someone must have done it before?

Thanks

No there's a lovely picture of a car where it should go at the moment LOL

It just depends how the designer at fraud was feeling that day I guess - I know for a fact that they leave the wiring in for some stuff - put a clock in my mates poverty spec fiesta the other week and was dead easy.

Well the stingy buggers! :vangry:

What i'm saying is, no they didn't leave the rev counter wiring in incase u want to fit one :(

Everything else seems to work though (speedo, warning lights, etc) I know a guy who reckons he can do the wiring though, so shouldn't be to much of a problem. Might take some pics for a 'how to' on the wiring, if anyones interested. Dunno when it's happening though :rolleyes:

Those ones are a new one on me, sound cool though. I have a digi mile counter in my other car and it looks sweet. :)

Got my dials off ebay, but scrappys might turn one up too. I know that they are an arm and a leg off ford.

As for the mileage, i've just left mine as it is on the new clocks, and wrote down the figure so I can work out the real mileage. Its only a few thousand lower, and i'm not planning on selling my van anyway, so shouldn't be a problem. We were going to try and clock it up to the actual mileage, but couldn't be bothered LOL :D