ford mondeo 1.8 lx 2001 new shape

WAYNE1

i have noticed on my mondeo 1.8 lx 2001 new shape, that it has 2 cables going to the throttle under the bonnet, but 1 of the cables has snapped, but yet it can still be driven,

can anybody tell me what the other cable is for, it goes from the throttle to a metal case wich is located under the bulk head below the wipers, with wires coming it,

i havent a clue what it is, and it isnt fastened down, just sat there,

can anybody please, advice me has to what it is for, & does the cable need to be renewed.

many thanks for your advice in advance

wayne

manchester

i have noticed on my mondeo 1.8 lx 2001 new shape, that it has 2 cables going to the throttle under the bonnet, but 1 of the cables has snapped, but yet it can still be driven,

can anybody tell me what the other cable is for, it goes from the throttle to a metal case wich is located under the bulk head below the wipers, with wires coming it,

can anybody please, advice me has to what it is for, & does the cable need to be renewed.

wayne

manchester

this a picture of the cables, it is the cable with the white plastic sleve over the top of the cable, ( the back cable )

what is it for please.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/way...ble_inplace.jpg

wayne

manchester

this a picture of the cables, it is the cable with the white plastic sleve over the top of the cable, ( the back cable )

what is it for please.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/way...ble_inplace.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/waynej18870/Cruise_cable_inplace.jpg

Googling says either cruise control of ESP...electronic stability program.

does it alter the tick over, at all has its only ticking over at 600-800 revs when warm and has a slight miss when setting off, but doesnt affect it once driving and changing gears

i will do. but does anyone think it will cure the spluutering on low revse when setting off.

or is that something else that is causing that problem, i have checked the plugs & leads and there is no break, or short in the leads, and the plugs are in good condition, been cleaned & gap checked,

any info would be greatfully appreciated.

wayne

i will do. but does anyone think it will cure the spluutering on low revse when setting off.

or is that something else that is causing that problem, i have checked the plugs & leads and there is no break, or short in the leads, and the plugs are in good condition, been cleaned & gap checked,

wayne

is it a auto ?

wayne

is it a auto ?

no its a 1.8 manual, 5 speed

wayne

is it a auto ?

no its a 1.8 manual, 5 speed

i was thinking it was a kick down cable ,but dont know if they evan have one lol