Missing under load :/

Andy 3i

That was my first idea...would the one off the 105 be ok? I mean it's only essentially a potentiometer

Yeah they're pretty much all the same. What I would check though is that the wiring to the plug is the right way round. I say this because there are left hand and right hand versions of the connector, and it is possible by mixing parts from several vehicles to accidentally reverse these, so the ECU believes idle is fully open throttle and vice-versa. This would give you very erratic idle until the ECU realises it's duff and dials it out.

Thanks for the replies guys...but the problem appears to have fixed itself? I managed to take it up the road via trade plates...only 15 mile or so and it seems to be perfect...no bad idle or lumpy acceleration? It's never been driven with this engine in so I'm guessing it needed a learn cycle or something?? Chuffed to bits though :)

Thanks for the replies guys...but the problem appears to have fixed itself? I managed to take it up the road via trade plates...only 15 mile or so and it seems to be perfect...no bad idle or lumpy acceleration? It's never been driven with this engine in so I'm guessing it needed a learn cycle or something?? Chuffed to bits though :)

i think it has become damp under the cam cover and the drive has dried it out, had this a few times when ive been working on the car in the rain .damp seems to get in past the ht leads and short them out can take a while to completly dry it out ,usually a drive then poping off the ht heads cures it :thumb: