Fast road cams for 2ltr silvertop

roboboyo

Not much point with stock intake and pulleys.

cheers for reply,

would it be more noticeable with verniers?

Aftermarket cams are designed to be dialed in at an exact timing figure. Verniers allow minute adjustments, without having to jump a whole tooth on the cam belt. If they're not dialed in correctly, you could lose power.

If i were you, i'd save for a new induction system, whether it's carbs, throttle bodies, boost or a combination of the two.

Edited by Ahmotorsport

cheers for reply,

Aftermarket cams are designed to be dialed in at an exact timing figure. Verniers allow minute adjustments, without having to jump a whole tooth on the cam belt. If they're not dialed in correctly, you could lose power.

If i were you, i'd save for a new induction system, whether it's carbs, throttle bodies, boost or a combination of the two.

zetec pulleys dont have any keyways so can be accuratly timed as a vernier could

cheers for reply,

zetec pulleys dont have any keyways so can be accuratly timed as a vernier could

You're quite correct. Wasn't thinking properly. My bad.

cheers for reply,

cheers guys,

if i was to go carb, i would have emisions issues at MOT time???? are throttle bodies used with standard ecu?