Fault code reader results

Markc

Hello All,

I bought a fault code reader from a chap on here but I forget who that was now. it was so long ago. :(

I have a fault appearing on the diagnostic system;

"116 ECT higher or lower than expected"

I had run this test with the car cold if it makes any difference and this is only detected with the engine running test not with the engine off or as a stored code.

have I done something wrong or would there be a fault with this sensor?

If it's a stored code in the memory then it could be a problem with the sensor.

If it's a code given because a test was started (when the car is cold) then i think it's safe to ignore it and run the car is warmed up. Tests must be run when the car is warmed up.

Edited by opexo

Hi Mark - that was one of my readers. As said, you get this if you try to run the diagnostics tests on a cold engine. If it disappears when the test is run on a hot engine, then you have nothing to worry about.

BTW, if you want to send that reader back to me I'll update the firmware to read live data.

Hello Steve,

Its a little blue clearish box if that helps identify it?

If it is then yeah an update would be great, i think i just popped down to see you when i got it from you, if you let me know your address and how much you want to do it ill just do the same if thats ok?

Thanks all btw ill try it with the car warm. :thumb:

Hi Mark - that was one of my readers. As said, you get this if you try to run the diagnostics tests on a cold engine. If it disappears when the test is run on a hot engine, then you have nothing to worry about.

BTW, if you want to send that reader back to me I'll update the firmware to read live data.

Hello Steve,

Its a little blue clearish box if that helps identify it?

If it is then yeah an update would be great, i think i just popped down to see you when i got it from you, if you let me know your address and how much you want to do it ill just do the same if thats ok?

Thanks all btw ill try it with the car warm. :thumb:

Mark - I'll PM you when I've got the files loaded up on my laptop

• 2 weeks later...