mk6 1.6 95 running issues...

marshy

hey guys.. not mine but my old mans.. as title really...1.6 mk6 95 efi inlet ... its trying to stall itself on idle.. and always hunting.. ive changed the TPS and cleaned the ISCV to no joy :(

also to me (and it could just be me!) its sounds as tho theres a air leak.. soooo.. ive tried caputuring it in the video ive uploaded (if it works!)

just in case any of you knowledgeable lot may be able to point me in the right direction and/or confirm my guesswork!!

thanks in advance :cheers:

video

i would..

- clean the maf out and the.connectors. my old efi 1.6 broke the little clip holding the maf in so it kep coming unplugged and running like crap

- check to see shes firing on all plugs

- check blocked fuel filter

- check the inlet for any loose hoses etc

does it run rough all the time or only at idle?

when driving if he changes gear its trying to stall when clutch is down..general cruising its fine.. couldnt see no problems with the maf altho it didnt stall when disconnected..plugs afaik its had new plugs recently...

ill check all hoses on the inlet and fuel filter tho ;)

Check PCV valve too.

You can always hook a voltmeter (analog preferably) with 2 volts scale or even 1 volt better between battery negative and HEGOs signal wire to check what the engine's doing.

Clean the MAF just in case.

I had the same rough idle on my GTI and it was the PCV valve which is the same as air leak issue. The pipe is plugged now (the one to the intake, the other from the PCV is free), breathing only from the one between the head cover and air filter box so no more intake contamination too. It's like that since November and no issues.