turbo conversion on 1.8 zetec

Forest

I am keen to learn how to do it for under a grand. I did most of the work myself, minimal labour costs and it still came to 3k. Sure, if you get half/most of the parts for free then it'd bring the cost down if you did all the work yourself, but that's often not reality.

how did a topic on a 1.8 zetec turbo conversion turn into a debate , im not saying that i disagree with the amount of money people spend. you spend large amounts of money you get a really decent lump good bhp and something that wont go bang under abuse. the word i used was budget build using a standard block and internals strap on a turbo and go from there ( i broke it down i know that wont just do ) as said im not looking for high power figures just a learning experience and as i said abit more power and that turbo feel .

now i think that's enough said on this topic we agree to disagree i was just looking on some info on bits i didn't understand not if, buts and cant, thanks to those who gave feed back and thankyou all for your opinions.

regards forest

You post something on an open, public discussion forum and then say you don't want debate. Perhaps you should have made that clear in the first post.

Noted, and ejecting myself from your thread now.

Going back to my first post i asked for adivse on two things i didnt understand. not to get into a debate but im sorry that it confused people next time i will start my topics with THIS IS NOT A DEBATE JUST NEED SOME INFO/ADVICE! Dont understand why people feel the need to go off topic i understand that some conversion can cost money i dont despute that. but people feel the need to go on.

as for saying 3.5-4k im guessing that would include having high spec components and would be able to get a decent bhp figure also im guessing there would be labour cost included in this 3.5-4k .

Mapping. That's between £300-£700. That's before you even start on the engine.